..and we miss Janie dearly. A LOT has been happening and we’re long overdue an update on the vast accomplishments of The Janiestrong Foundation.
You can never be grateful enough. I would be remiss to not mention the impact that generous donations have made on Janie’s Classroom located at Cure 4 The Kids Foundation. Your financial support has allowed us to do the following:
- Stock books for all ages in the book vending machine located on the clinic floor
- Purchase a selfie machine to highlight special occasions
- Host a Dr. Seuss event during Nevada Reading Week that allowed each child to pick a book along with an activity packet
- Provide a Back-to-School Fair for families to pick up school supplies to begin the year
- Develop a summer reading and activity program that featured learning about eight different countries
- Create a virtual book club with activities
- Assist in facilitating weekly and monthly activity packets for students
- Contribute to special activities throughout the year such as the Butterfly Habitat, and Book or Treat
This is all possible through the collaborative efforts of Cure 4 The Kids Foundation, the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education Learning Center and the Clark County School District. A service mindset is giving in the mode of goodness. You don’t have to have to give. All suffering belongs to all of us. The world is our family. Service is the direct path to a meaningful life. Let’s be compelled to serve and leave the world better than we found it.
We will be posting more updates as they happen so follow the blog or follow Instagram accounts @janiebrennan and @janiesclassroom_c4k.